Working Together With Clutton Cox

Paul Hajek | 23 Jan 2009



What Will It Be Like Working Together With Clutton Cox ?


Were HIPs Ever Replaced

are now history after being suspended by the new coalition government..

You may have only just landed from a foreign planet, so we have kept the information on line so you can see what all the fuss was about.

You will still need to order an Energy Performance Certificate before placing your property on the market for sale in England and Wales, so some of the following informatrion is not completely useless

Energy Performance Certificate

An Energy Performance Certificate is prepared after a Domestic Energy Assessor carries out an inspection of your Property. The purpose of this inspection is to calculate how Energy Efficient and Environmentally Friendly your Property is. The certificate is drawn up, detailing the costs of running your property, how much Carbon Dioxide it produces per year, a summary of how certain features of your property affect its rating and measures that can be adopted to save money and improve the properties energy efficiency.

The Energy Performance Certificates for our HIPs are carried out by Darren Evans Assessments

Sale Statement

The Sale Statement is a summary of various issues relating to the sale of the Property. This details the Name of the seller, whether they own the property or are selling with correct Authority for another owner, the Tenure of the Property and whether or not the Property is Registered with Land Registry. For a Leasehold Property, this also states how much or the Leasehold Term remains.

Title Evidence & Title Plan

This section of the HIP contains documents to prove ownership of the Property, and a Plan detailing the extent of the boundaries of the property. This evidence is either provided by the Individual Register & Title Plan, obtained from HM Land Registry, if the Property is registered, or in the case of Unregistered Property, by the preparation of an Epitome of Title, by a Solicitor. An Epitome of title is an index of documents within your title deeds, and copies of those documents, going back long enough to prove property ownership. If the seller is acting as an Executor for a deceased estate, or an Attorney for a living owner, the Grant of Probate of Power of Attorney will be found in this section.

Local Authority Search

This section contains two documents, both obtained from the Local Authority in which the property resides. The LLC1 details registrations relating to the land the property is situated on, in the Register of Local Land Charges. The Parts of the register record:

  • Part 1 – General financial charges
  • Part 2 – Specific financial charges
  • Part 3 – Planning charges
  • Part 4 – Miscellaneous charges
  • Part 5 – Fenland ways maintenance charges
  • Part 6 – Land compensation charges
  • Part 7 – New towns charges
  • Part 8 – Civil aviation charges
  • Part 9 – Opencast coal charges
  • Part 10 – Listed buildings charges
  • Part 11 – Light obstruction notices
  • Part 12 – Drainage scheme charges

The CON29R details issues relating to the property including Planning & Building Regulations, roads in the vicinity, planned major roadworks and infrastructure charges nearby, public health notices, and whether the property is in a radon affected area.

From 6th April 2009, it is no longer possible to rely on insurance to cover missing information that is available direct from the Local Authorities.

Water & Drainage Search

This search is obtained from the Water Company or companies that deal with the fresh and waste water of the property. This details fresh and waste water courses in the area, and supplies information on water quality, and flow pressure, as well as billing and costs.

Lease & Freehold Title

If the property is leasehold, we obtain the Lease from HM Land Registry, which details a variety of right and powers of the developer, the freehold owner, the leasehold owner and/or Management Company, in respect of the leasehold property. We also include the Freehold Register & Plan, as although it is not a compulsory document, it includes various useful pieces of information for a potential purchaser

Other Documents

Other documents may be included in the HIP. These are what are called in the legislation ‘authorised’ documents, rather that ‘compulsory’ documents, as listed above. Therefore, if you provide them to us, we will include them in the HIP, but we will not delay the preparation of the HIP waiting for these. These include guarantees for any works carried out on the house, Building Regulations Completion Certificates and could be any document you feel would be useful to a potential buyer. If you send us a copy, we will include it in the HIP.

Keeping you up to date

Sign up and receive free resources and news straight to your inbox

Get Ship Shape!
Start Your Journey Now

Whatever stage of your Conveyancing journey you are on, we will guide you safely to your destination.